Looking for Java Application Developer in Downtown Chicago to help build out their platform in support our rapidly growing lending business. This role will be instrumental in designing and developing a flexible, highly scalable online lending platform. We are seeking a very strong technical hands-on engineer who enjoys solving complex problems and writing great code.
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- 401k plan with 3% automatic employer contribution
- Significant career upside as our business grows
- Flexible work hours with results-based culture
- Break room stocked with healthy snacks
- Create high quality, highly performant code.
- Create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of technical artifacts.
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Ability to work in various layers of the software stack from the database to the UI is a major plus.
- Participate in continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Stay up to date with tools, trends, and technologies in the FinTech space.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of hands on programming experience.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Microservices, Postgres.
- UI experience a plus (react.js and angular.js)
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks and experience working with QA automation engineers to implement a testing strategy.
- Experience with cloud hosting on Amazon AWS including managing and creating AWS EC2 instances, S3 storage management, Elastic Beanstalk,
- Deep understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, etc.)
- Experience with Git (Github & BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to thrive in startup environment with heavy workload, competing priorities, and less structure than more established company