Great opportunity for a Network Engineer / Sr. System Administrator at a company with good work/life balance and a family feel!
The Network Engineer / Sr. System Administrator ensures that IT network infrastructure is stable, efficient, and secure.
Network Engineer / Sr. System Administrator Responsibilities:
· Installs, supports, and maintains networking and telecom equipment throughout the company, within in a team environment.
· Troubleshoots network hardware, software systems, and firmware applications to identify and correct malfunctions.
· Configures and troubleshoots routing and switching equipment, LAN / WAN / VLAN, cabling, etc.
· Utilizes knowledge of network protocols, TCP / IP, ethernet, static and dynamic routing, etc.
· Ensures all network and data communications are available to all users during business hours.
· Assists with Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Group Policy, and desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, as needed.
· Configuration and support of network infrastructure, including security and maintaining firewalls.
· Maintains the system backups, verifies performance, tests backups and performs restorations as needed.
· Perform hardware and software installations or upgrades for servers and workstations; including patching systems
· Involved in disaster recovery effort including planning, documentation and recovery efforts.
· Develops and administers system standards, auditing, and system assessments.
· Participates in Information System Risk Assessments and Information Security Programs.
Network Engineer / Sr. System Administrator Requirements:
· 5+ years of relevant experience with networking, telecommunications, and servers
· Knowledge of LAN / WAN, Cisco, Microsoft Windows Server
· IT Related Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Training or Certification in Cisco or Microsoft is a plus (not required)