The RPG/JDE Software Analyst/Developer will apply knowledge of business processes and system architecture to develop, modify, and maintain JDE software and other RPG programs. Design, develop, and manage interfaces between internal and external systems and data points. Participates in the testing process through test review, analysis and certification of software. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work with software users and project stakeholders daily.
Our client is headquartered in Cincinnati. They are dominant in their industry and a leader across the United States. Very stable company that offers great culture and work/life balance. They have almost zero turnover and a collaborative, team environment. This person can have an impact on the business and IT including evaluating and recommending systems, leading projects and more. This is a full time, permanent position with full benefits.
· Develops software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions
· Develop and maintain key interfacing systems into and out of the JDE software as well as custom coding of JDE programs
· Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment
· Experience programming RPG, RPGLE, CL, CLLE, knowledge of SQLRPG a plus.
· Strong knowledge of multiple modules of the JDE World software
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
· Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture
· Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, is desired
· Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision
· Experience of working with the AGILE methodology
· Strong customer service orientation
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
· Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Local candidates only. No sponsorship is available.