Looking for freelance UX Researchers to fill project needs in the future. Contractors apply a wide range of usability and field research methods and skills while interacting with client teams and their users.
You will also be asked to share a portfolio of your work in the interview.
- Moderating and planning usability lab studies and field user research sessions.
- Analyzing research findings and preparing high-impact reports and presentations for clients.
- Editing video highlights from research sessions.
- Delivering findings that ensure the usability and usefulness of interfaces for our client's end-users.
- Advocating for users while understanding the business goals of clients.
- Formal education in a relevant field such as usability engineering, human centered design, cognitive psychology or equivalent hands-on experience to demonstrate an understanding of usability theory, methods, and practices.
- 2+ years of experience conducting UX research activities.
- Superlative presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience working directly with clients in a consulting role, including leading client meetings.
- Ability to communicate recommended design solutions for observed UX issues.
- A high comfort level with computer hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of video editing techniques.
- A working knowledge of technology constraints and capabilities.
- Direct experience with user centered design projects.
- Interaction design experience a plus.
- Enjoy working independently and taking ownership of work.
- Ability to focus in time-sensitive environment.
- Expert in and excited about applied User Experience research.
- Enjoy small office culture.
- Able to travel if necessary.