This is a hands-on role that will ensure that reporting projects are delivered on time and on budget, through close management of global development resources and collaboration with stakeholders across the organization. The experienced Technical Lead must have relevant understanding of the domain, and a proven track record of success in reporting, analytics, business intelligence and application development. The selected candidate should be an expert at analyzing reporting platforms and in solutioning, designing of the reports based on business requirements. Should be comfortable in both agile and waterfall development environments
- Plan and lead requirements capture sessions
- Analyze reporting platforms, design and architecture reporting solution
- Ensure rigorous prioritization of development tasks
- Create project plans, provide timelines and cost estimates
- Assign tasks to and coordinate multiple development teams
- Prepare schedules, set deadlines, and effectively move the development process toward delivery
- Manage scope changes and conduct impact analysis of scope creep
- Deliver every project on time and within budget and scope
- Coordinate with internal and external QA teams to ensure delivery of high quality solutions
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field from an accredited four-year college or university required. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Experience / Skill:
- 4+ years of experience managing the development of reporting, analytics, and BI solutions
- 4+ years of experience analyzing reporting platforms, solutioning the architecture and reports
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Experience working in agile and waterfall development environments
- Experience with database query languages such as PL/SQL, T-SQL, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with reporting technologies such as Cognos, Oracle Reports, SSRS, Tableau, etc.
- Experience planning for and managing multiple complex technical projects and coordinating technical team members to deliver high quality solutions on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum development methodologies