Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
True North Consultants, Inc.
Posted on Apr 11
The Applications Programmer works closely with other members of the IT Development Team on existing business application software, integrations with other applications and databases, and web-based applications to meet business needs of the organization and its customers.
1. Develop general and detailed software application design specifications from defined user requirements.
2. Coordinate testing and implementation of business software solutions.
3. Provides an efficient process for the delivery of those software solutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
6. Responsible for development and/or support and maintenance of the business systems including, but not limited to the NACS websites, Intranet, and reporting applications, and EDI applications.
7. Responsible for analysis of current systems, gaining an understanding of larger system processes and developing solutions for software issues affecting these systems in a timely manner.
8. Provide both user and system documentation, including flowcharts that define business requirements and data flow when needed.
9. Assists in developing project plans, scheduling, monitoring, and communicating project status with the rest of the IT team.
10. When necessary, works with the user community to define business needs.
11. Manage development tasks and document progress using some agile techniques via the company’s agile project management systems and other project management systems
12. Work in alignment with and support IT strategies set forth by IT management and give input into these strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
BS in Computer Science/related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Solid understanding of N-Tier Web Application development and OOP design principles.
One year experience with either Microsoft SQL/T-SQL Stored Procedures or similar (Oracle, MySQL or other)
Working knowledge of an object-oriented programming language and IDE (C#.NET, VB.NET or similar)
Work well in both individual and team situations
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
Strong problem-solving skills.
Must possess strong interpersonal skills
Excellent verbal and technical writing communication skills
Requires constant learning of new technologies
Ability to work more than 40 hours per week and varied schedules as needed.
Familiar with EDI
Familiar with E-Commerce platforms (Zoey, BigCommerce, Magento)
Terms of Usage
ProgrammerAnalyst.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)